Today I want to share with you a delicious, easy and fun breakfast.
This is a Puff Pancake. And according to its name it is supposed to puff. And it does! Awesomely! Each time we make it we are excited to see how it will turn out.
1 c milk (or in our case, almond milk)
1 c unbleached flour
1/4 – 1/3 c Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Dice up your butter (we only use 1/4 cup bit to each his own) and place it in a 9×13 pan and place it in the oven while it is pre-heating.
Our pizza some is messy, keep forgetting to clean that...
2. Combine the eggs, milk, and flour and whisk together for 3-5 minutes. I only ever whipped it until around the three minute mark, but the longer you go the more air you incorporate and the more puffy your pancake is. This time I did five minutes and it was Huge! Make sure that when you are finished whipping it you immediately pour it into the hot pan, (which has been removed from the oven using hot pads) and then promptly return it to the oven.
3.Cook the pancake for 25 minutes. When it is finished, make sure you have everyone gathered around to see how puffy the pancake is, because the center will fall shortly after it’s exit from the oven, and we don’t want anyone to miss it. At least, that’s what we do in our house.
Little man watching the pancake rise. It is pretty mesmerizing.
4. Delicious sliced and served with real maple syrup and some fruit. Or with applesauce, if you are my hubby.
We love this recipe and make it often. What are your breakfast favorites?
From my Family, to Yours..
Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast meals! And what is more easy than making them? How about making them from scratch? Yeah that’s right I’ve got at recipe for you that is easy as pie, well, in this case, pancakes! Plus this is a non-expensive pancake mix, because it’s from scratch. You’ll never have to buy another pancake mix again!
Super Easy Yummy Pancake Mix
4 c All-Purpose Flour
3 Tbsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Sugar
1. Mix together in a large jar with a seal tight lid, a quart mason jar will work fine, shake it up to thoroughly mix together the contents and store in a cool, dark place.
Super Easy Yummy Pancakes*
1 c Super Easy Yummy Pancake Mix
1 c Milk
1. Stir together until there are no more lumps from the mix in the batter. Heat a skillet or griddle with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
2. Pour batter into the heated skillet, and when the pancakes has air bubbles forming and some of the bubbles are popped, you then flip the pancakes and cook them on the other side until finished.
3. Serve with your favorite pancake topping, mine is butter and maple syrup.
*This recipe makes fifteenish pancakes, for just me and my husband I half the recipe to 1/2 c Super Easy Yummy Pancake Mix, 1/2 c Milk, and 1 Egg. You can go up or down with the recipe as you need too, just make sure you have enough liquid in the recipe.
This is really easy and fun to do. Let me know what you think and how the recipe worked out for you!